LOOK AT ALL THE PTO HAS BEEN ABLE TO GIVE BACK IN 2017-2018!
As the school year comes to a close, we wanted to recap the successes from the past year. Thank you to all of the amazing volunteers and Spring Ave parents who made these PTO events and donations possible!
- Raised nearly $30,000 at this year's adult social and auction and another $10,000 through retail fundraisers, Fun Fair, After 3 Classes and D105 Dash
- Donated over $25,000 directly back to our teachers and school: $7,500 teacher classroom gift at the beginning of the school year; $7,000 full school gift - sensory equipment and new playground tree; $11,000 in classroom and gym grants -- funding many items from basketball backboards to science and math equipment
- Provided graduating LT senior and former Spring student with a $2,000 college scholarship
- Funded the $5,000 summer reading program so every Spring Ave student has a new book this summer
- Sponsored more than two dozen events and programming for our families, including Author's visits, Math & Science Night, Variety Show, Field Days and Back to School Party
Thanks for making Spring Ave a great place to be!
The Spring Parent-Teacher Organization is here to help you ease into the school as easily as possible. Our mission is to support the mission and vision of Spring Avenue School by working in cooperation with parents, administration, faculty, and the community. The purpose of the SPTO is to:
- Build a strong school community by engaging in communication which brings the home, school, and the larger district community into a closer relationship.
- Enrich each student’s educational experience by providing supplemental services, goods, equipment and/or funding that will enhance the student’s academic, social, behavioral, and/or emotional development.
- Sponsor school community activities that will foster family and community outreach and growth.
- Facilitate various fundraising activities to support our mission and objective.